AFI Europe is proposing to stage the inaugural Europe 9s in Amsterdam in 2024.
It is proposed that September 2024 would be the best time of year, however the exact date will be announced once feedback has been received from all stakeholders.
The event follows on from the great success of the World 9s, Masters 9s and Darwin 9s, which have been crucial in developing Footy 9s in Australia.
We are very pleased to bring this exciting new format of the game to Europe!
Please see the video below as an example of how the tournament will run.
- 9-a-side (maximum of 15 players per squad)
- Entry is open to National teams from all over Europe
- Multiple playing fields
- Matches will commence every 40 minutes to facilitate a carnival type atmosphere
- Each match consists of 2 x 15 minute halves, plus 3 minutes for half-time
- Each team will play a minimum of 3 matches during the event
- Each team will play in their national colours
- 2 Grand Finals – Men’s & Women’s Divisions